My other lover...

Monday, August 6, 2007

Holiday or Helliday?


So I leave on Wednesday with my Mom and son for a town in the interior of BC called Kelowna. My Mom was born and raised here and it was very much a part of my upbringing, having all my Christmases and birthdays in either the packed snow or HOT sun. This has been a tradition since ds was born that we go every Summer for a few days to kick back a bit and breathe in the old memories from my childhood and hopefully pass a few onto my son.




We debated on bringing my daughter this year but I think we will give her one more year to "marinate" before taking the gruesome twosome on the road. It would like be taking crazy from here and bringing it to location B....I'm willing to wait another year thanks. He is enough to handle at this particular junction. While I'm on THAT point, maybe someone can answer a question for me. Why is it once you get one child sorted out and semi behaving again, the other one goes into another phase of hellish behaviour?? I really see this trend repeating over and over!! We finally got dd sorted and is like a new kid really. No meltdowns, happy and communicating instead of going from happy to tears in zero five. Now ds has turned into a whiny, tired and semi-cheeky guy.




Funny how if you put a child into a group of kids, they will pick out the WORST kid and suck in their behaviour like a hoover going after dust bunnies. Gareth has a friend "Tristan" that he has not seen since school got out, but he has his "show" down PAT. It always rears it's ugly head when he is at his tiredest....usually 3pm onwards. I get things like "hey garbage Mommy" (his attempt at being funny....soo NOT funny) and just inappropriate behaviour. Example: I told him today that there were no more pumpkin scones left in Starbucks and he yells "WHAT?" in this affected, loser tone (know it?) Like take it down a notch buddy.....talk properly and lose the rudeness. Where is the sweet boy I know is in there? Seems the demon Tristan has a hold over him at this particular junction. *sigh*




So I am wondering how much fun will actually be had on this trip. Right now I am almost tempted to switch kids and bring the cute little girl that is in my house at the moment. Who knows when she will turn into Jekyll again but right now she is adorable!! My Mom helps me to a point but then has to back off and I don't blame her....this is definite Mommy territory.




I may need to pack my naughty chair and bring alot of wine. OH wait....ds has enough of that for ALL of Kelowna. Drink up!

5 comments:

Mrs. Schmitty said...

That picture is beautiful! Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

You'll have a glorious time, almost birthday girl. Enjoy it!

Elle said...

Have a wonderful trip my dahling!

Anonymous said...

Hmm, tempting! Have a great 'break.'
Cheers

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear about your adventure!

xoxo