My other lover...

Sunday, September 23, 2007

The magic sheep bed??



Well we picked up ds's new "sheep" bed from Sleep Country yesterday and set it up last night. I had to rearrange his room to make it fit because it is a double as opposed to his last bed which had a crib mattress in it (Step 2 Car bed) He now has a night table and I moved his little car nightlight from the floor up onto to table where he can see it sitting there lighting up his room. It is the shape of a car but is like a soft plastic material...not sure what to call it but it lets a soft light glow through.


So I totally did not expect a great night of sleep last night. I thought with the new bed that we would be having many visits during the night. He wasn't giving me the best feeling when I was saying how happy we would be if he slept through..kind of a shakey voice and asking what would happen if he got up...not the best indicator of a sound sleep. So we got him all set up and under the covers, said good night and whispered a prayer under our breaths.


He never got up at ALL after putting him to bed. This is HUGE. Sometimes he will come out up to 10 times after saying good night for varying reasons that only a 5 yr old could rationalize. I could not believe it!! I was waiting for the familiar "pitter-pat" of his feet across the kitchen floor but nothing....


So I never sleep well on these "experimental" nights...I hear every crack, bang or crackle through the night. Maybe I need a sheep bed. He did get up once around 12:30am to use the washroom but went right back to sleep and never heard a peep until 6:30am (he can come out if there is a "6" on his clock..lol) His sister was up at 4am with another accident **sigh** she didn't have a bath but maybe she snuck some water sometime last night..who knows. I caught her in the act of changing her sheets over and getting her clothes changed..have to love this from a 3 year old!! Girls are soo much different from boys! If ds wet his bed he would be in our room in zero five announcing the event but not dd. Some mornings I don't even hear her change things over but she turns up in different jammies..hmmmm..then she says "yeah, I had an accident".


So we will have to re-evaluate the magic of this new bed at the week's end. I am praying for the power of the sheep bed...I need it for my sanity and the energy I need to get these pesky 20 lbs off that seemed to have planted themselves BACK on my ass. **sigh** I better get ready for my hike up Mount Douglas mountain this morning. Eh, at least it's a break and it's a nice, sunny day!!! I had an alright sleep so darn it.....BRING IT ON!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two words for you:

SERENITY NOW!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, sleeping pills in the oatmeal.

That'll do it.

Gretchen said...

How was the hike?

Sounds like we all need one of those nifty sheep beds!