My other lover...

Sunday, October 21, 2007

The problem with being a Princess...



Being a Princess is tough work granted.


Trying to keep all your subjects in line and catering to your every whim is not for the faint of heart. The constant whining and moaning you must do whist wearing an elasticized pink velour dress, pink plastic furry stilettos and a tiara is uncomfortable!! Why doesn't everyone understand this??


So when you awaken from your nap and have an attitude right off the bat, your mother should know that you are not quite right. She should be able to decipher between your regular attitude and "I have a temperature of 102.2" attitude. When you are whining like a wet dog left outside in the rain she should automatically know that you are not feeling well and administer the royal Advil STAT.


I am ashamed to say that it took me about half an hour to realize that my Princess had a temperature and was not on her game but when you can't separate her normal demeanor from her sick demeanor it becomes more of a challenge! After about the 10th "whining like a dog" episode she told me she was cold. The room was about 99 degrees with the fireplace on and the red flag went up.


So I am sorry Princess C that your royal assistant missed the obvious signs of a developing fever. I will add these behaviours to my LONG manual of "How to properly love and care for a PRINCESS".


I will resume to my royal chores now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who are you again?


hehe

I find issues with the dress, too.

Hope the little princess feels better!

kellyo75 said...

Poor princess. I do it, too, though! It is hard to decipher between the "Mommy, I'm sick whine" and the "Mommy, I'm just a princess whine".

Anonymous said...

AWWWW Feel better soon C. Don't worry - sometimes princesses are so high maintenance we logically think they are just being high maintenance!