My other lover...

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Dance Fever!


So I am back on the weight loss trail. I have lost 5.5lbs so far with Weight Watchers online and want to lose another 10-12lbs by Christmas if that is doable. My main goal is to fit into my black dress pants comfortably. I am trying to avoid looking like I poured myself into them and if I gasped suddenly my top button wouldn't shoot off at the speed of light into someone's Christmas pudding. I don't need any scandals on my hands in the Empress Ballroom during the formal tea that we attend every year.


So I am one of those people that MUST exercise to get an ounce off. Sad but true. The breastfeeding myth passed me by and I had to get on my sneakers and pound that pavement with the kids in tow. No magical fat melting breastfeeding solution..I felt soo betrayed because I was REALLY counting on it too! I ate those Blizzards from Dairy Queen with the full belief that as soon as that baby latched on, the calories from that dessert PLUS a couple more million would be burned off my ginormous butt. It was all a big fat LIE it was..but I digress..where was I?? exercise..oh ya...


So I have a treadmill and a weight bench downstairs with some free weights as well. I use all of these plus my trusty Billy Blanks Tae Bo tapes/Dvd's to whip my bod back into shape. Today I just winged it and put on my new iPOD tunes and did some treadmill and leg work. So I did 5 mins walking on a 10 incline at a good clip and then would get off and do lunges/squats for 5 mins. Alternated this for 30 mins and then thought I would stop......until a song came on...a NEW song on my iPOD that I downloaded. It brought me back to my early 20's club days and I just HAD to dance!!! So dance I DID!! In my foyer in front of the closet mirror and Glade air freshener I shook my bootie until the sweat was pouring down my face. I felt like I had really gotten a GREAT workout!! You know the kind where you get that rush of adrenaline after?? (note to self: do not try and converse on msn after such a workout..you are incoherent and sound stoned) But MAN, I feel great!! Thank god there is some immediate gratification with exercise otherwise it would just be plain TORTURE!!


So I hope I inspired someone to turn on their stereo and get up and shake their bootie even for a little while. You will feel great and get a high too! if only for a short moment... they never are long enough. *sigh*


1 comment:

Elle said...

LOL I want a video of you busting a move - seriously!!

Good luck - I know you can do it!!! YOU CAN DO IT!